The project aims to fulfill the following objectives:
- To identify markers of the genetic risk of T2DM in individuals of Russian ethnicity;
- To develop a polygenic model for assessing the risk of T2DM and the genetic test system for T2DM for individuals of Russian ethnicity;
- Raise awareness about the contribution of genetic factors to the pathogenesis of T2DM and the possibility of applying this knowledge in clinical practice for the diagnosis and prevention of T2DM in Russia and Estonia.
The project is supported by the Estonia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation 2014-2020 Programme.
The Estonia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 aims to foster cross-border cooperation between the Republic of Estonia and the Russian Federation to promote socio-economic development. The information about the Programme can be found on the following resources:
- the Programme website
- the DG NEAR webpage – till 31 Dec 2019
- webpage of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
- webpage of the Ministry of Finance of Estonia
Thematic objective TO1: Business and SME development
Start date: 01.05.2019
End date: 30.04.2022
Duration: 36 months
Programme co-financing: 379 376,75 EUR
Total budget: 439 307,50 EUR
BENEFICIARIES AND PROJECT BUDGET
Name of Lead Beneficiary
Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “Saint-Petersburg State University (136 650,00 EUR)
University of Tartu (232 937,50 EUR)
Pskov State University (29 720,00 EUR)
LLC Biogarmonia (40 000,00 EUR)
“Eugene I. Schwartz association of specialists in the fields of molecular medicine, medical and laboratory genetics"